- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light chocolate syrup (such as Hershey’s Lite Syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Place first 3 ingredients in a coffee filter or filter basket of a coffeemaker. Add 5 cups water to coffeemaker; brew according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Combine milk, sugar, and syrup in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in brewed coffee and vanilla.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.
Yields: 6 servings