Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Ingredients for Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino:
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup simple syrup – or to taste* (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 to 2 cups crushed ice
- Redi Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
- Pumpkin pie spice for garnish
Ingredients for Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
Directions for Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino:
- Pour the first 5 ingredients into a blender. Mix on medium until thoroughly combined. *(at this point, if you have time, you can freeze this mixture in an ice cube tray and blend once frozen – this produces a more intensely flavored drink).
- Add ice and blend until the frappuccino is smooth and without chunks of ice.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Directions for Simple Syrup:
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup of sugar and one cup of water.
- Heat on medium until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool and store in refrigerator (you will have lots of extra syrup but comes in handy when preparing other drinks).
Yields: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes