MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: We’re using sweet potatoes because they cook more quickly than regular potatoes, but feel free to use regular ones as well. You can use leftover cooked potatoes which makes this dish even easier and it’s the perfect way to use up your leftovers.
Sweet Potato Hash in a Mug
- 1 small sweet potato (around 6 oz/1 cup)
- Water , enough to cover the potatoes
- 2 peppers , chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon rosemary , fresh or dried
- ¼ tablespoons (½ oz/15g) Butter
- Peel and chop small cubes of sweet potato (the smaller you cut the pieces the faster the potato will cook).
- Add into a large microwave safe mug and cover totally with cold water. Use a large mug as the water might bubble up in the microwave.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes in the microwave until it is tender. It will turn an orange color when done. (Check the potatoes halfway and stir so it doesn’t get too hot and overspill)
- Drain off the water and add in the peppers, onion, cheese, butter, rosemary, salt and pepper and mix everything well together.
- Put back in the microwave and heat these ingredients together for another 40 seconds until hot and the cheese melts.
- Enjoy a quick and filling breakfast!!!
Prep Time: 7 minutes
- You can make it up the night before and store in the fridge until ready for it.
Cook Time: 4 minute
Total Time: 11 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving
2 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Hash in a Mug”
I love this recipe! I make it a lot for supper. It’s delicious!
Thanks for the feedback. This is one of my favorites too!