Hot Mulled Ginger-Spiced Cider
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 (1 x 4-inch) strips orange rind
- 2 whole allspice
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger
- 12 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the first 5 ingredients on a 5-inch-square double layer of cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely.
- Place cheesecloth bag, cider, jelly, and nutmeg in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove and discard cheesecloth bag.
Note: This recipe is prepared in an electric slow cooker, freeing up the stovetop. However, it can be heated in a pot on the stove, if you prefer.
Yields: 12 servings