Ice Mocha with Coffee Cubes
Coffee is used to make the ice cubes instead of water, so the drink never becomes watered down. The cubes slowly melt in the warm milk, releasing the coffee as you sip.
- 6 oz coffee
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 6 oz milk
- Start by brewing some coffee. I like to use my Chemex to make a large pot of drip.
- Let coffee cool a bit and pour into the ice tray. Fill at least six 1-ounce cubes. Let ice set in the freezer.
- Once your coffee cubes are frozen (let them set overnight), add cocoa powder to the bottom of your favorite MogoBox.com mug such as the Mocha Flared Rimmed Mug.
- Warm the milk and pour two ounces into the mug with the cocoa powder and stir until completely dissolved.
- Fill your mug with coffee ice cubes. Use six cubes, for approximately six ounces of coffee. Feel free to adjust the amount of cubes if you want more or less coffee flavor.
- Add the remaining milk and stir. The warm milk will slowly melt the coffee ice cubes, leaving you with an exceptionally refreshing morning treat.
Yields: 1 serving