Arnaud’s Cafe Brûlot Diabolique
- 1⁄3 cup orange curaçao
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 10 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, quartered
- 3 cups strong black coffee
- 3-5 tbsp. sugar
- Peel of a lemon
- Simmer orange curaçao, brandy, cloves, cinnamon sticks, orange, and lemon peel in a heatproof 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Using a match or lighter, carefully ignite and cook, swirling pan until flames die out.
- Stir in coffee and sugar; cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Strain coffee into brûlot or demitasse cups.
Yields: 4 – 6 servings