Pumpkin Punch with Cinnamon Infused Rum
Ingredients for the cinnamon infused rum:
- 1 750-mL bottle of dark rum, like Flor de Caña
- 3 cinnamon sticks
Ingredients for the pumpkin punch:
- 10 ounces pumpkin purée
- 10 ounces cinnamon-infused rum
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 10 dashes Angostura bitters
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Ice block or cubes
Directions to make the infused rum:
- Combine the cinnamon sticks and rum (keeping the rum bottle) in a large ball jar (or any wide-mouthed jar.)
- Seal and place in a dark area for 3 days, gently shaking daily.
- Once the cinnamon flavor is bold enough, remove the cinnamon sticks and pour back into the liquor bottle.
Directions to make the pumpkin punch:
- In a large punch bowl, combine the pumpkin purée, rum, condensed milk and bitters.
- Gently stir until fully combined.
Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg over the entire punch bowl.
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 3 days
Yields: 8 – 10 servings