Blackberry Sweet Tea
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Pinch of baking soda
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- Garnish: fresh blackberries
- Combine blackberries and sugar in a large container, and crush with a wooden spoon; stir in mint and baking soda.
- Pour 4 cups boiling water over tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Pour tea over blackberry mixture; let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Pour tea through a wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding solids.
- Add 2 1/2 cups cold water, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Garnish, if desired.
- For the garnish, cut desired amount of wooden skewers into 5-inch lengths; then place fresh blackberries on skewers.
Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Yields: 7 cups