Mighty Molasses Milk (Hot or Cold)
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This dairy-free Molasses Milk can be served hot, cold, or as a protein shake. You decide! So quick to make, try all three!
Ingredients for Mighty Molasses Milk:
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk Beverage (or coconut milk beverage for nut-free)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or flavoring
- 3 to 5 drops pure stevia extract
- Pinch salt
Instructions for Warm Molasses Milk:
- Heat the milk beverage in the microwave (about 60 to 90 seconds on HIGH) or in a small pot on the stove top, until hot but not boiling.
- Stir in the molasses, vanilla to taste, stevia to taste, and salt (I used the max for both the vanilla and stevia).
Instructions for Cold Molasses Milk:
- Place the milk beverage, molasses, vanilla, and salt in your blender and briefly blend to combine.
- Add the stevia, to taste, and give it another quick blend.
Instructions for Molasses Protein Shake:
- Prepare the Cold Dairy-Free Molasses Milk above, but omit the vanilla and stevia.
- Place ½ cup of it in your blender.
- Add 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks.
- Add 2 tablespoons vanilla or chocolate vegan protein powder (i.e.. Vega Sport Performance Protein).
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Feeling like a little spice? Add ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon to this blend.
- By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally paleo.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving