Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This dairy-free pumpkin spice latte is naturally-sweetened and vegan, for a healthy alternative to Starbucks. It’s ready in just minutes!
Ingredients for Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Ingredients for Homemade Almond Milk:
- 1 cup almonds, soaked in water for 4-6 hours and rinsed well
- 4 cups filtered water
- nut milk bag, or cheese cloth for straining
Instructions for Homemade Almond Milk:
- Combine the drained almonds and 4 cups of filtered water in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Note: Soaking the almonds beforehand removes the enzyme inhibitors naturally contained in their skins. These enzyme inhibitors may cause digestive discomfort if consumed, which is why I recommend soaking the almonds first, then draining and rinsing well. You don’t want to use the soaking water in this recipe, as it will contain those toxins you just removed!
- Makes 4 cups
Instructions for Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. (Or you can simply whisk the ingredients together in a pan over medium heat on the stove– use a whisk to combine well!)
- Adjust flavor to taste, and serve warm. A high-speed blender should keep the contents hot enough to serve immediately, but if you’re using a traditional blender, you may want to transfer the contents to a saucepan and warm over the stove top before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings