Mexican Hot Chocolate – Lactose Free
Directions for Mexican Hot Chocolate – Lactose Free
- 2 cups 2% Lactaid milk or almond milk
- 4 tablespoons homemade hot chocolate mix (recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon simple syrup
- Pinch cayenne
- Marshmallows (optional)
Yields: 2 mugs
Ingredients for Hot Chocolate Mix:
- 3 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups cocoa
- 1 tablespoon salt
Yields: 5 1/2 cups dry mix
Ingredients for Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Directions for Mexican Hot Chocolate – Lactose Free:
- In a medium saucepan heat milk on medium low. Be sure that milk does not boil. As milk heats, whisk in hot chocolate mix, simple syrup and cayenne.
- Pour hot chocolate into MogoBox.com mugs and top with marshmallows.
Directions for Hot Chocolate Mix:
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight container.
Directions for Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- Combine water, sugar and sticks in a medium saucepan.
- Heat until sugar has completely melted.
- Set aside and cool.