- 1 cup tea (whatever kind you prefer)
- 1 shot of whiskey
- 1-2 slices of lemon
- 1-2 Tbs honey
- Make a pot of tea. I always make a pot because one toddy is never enough. You can make your tea if one is enough. Because this was early afternoon, I used a black tea for the caffeine. Before bed, I always go for an herbal tea like chamomile.
- Fill your mug 2/3 the way full with tea. You have to save room for the whiskey!
- Add 1 shot of whiskey. You can add more or less depending on your preference for strength. I usually err on the side of more is better.
- Add honey. I add one Tbs, stir and taste. I never hesitate to add more if I need it.
- Add lemon slices. Breathe in the lemony steam. If I wasn’t too stuffed up to smell, I know I would be enjoying this part the best.
- Now drink up and feel better!
Note: For when you wake up in morning with a sore throat. It’s cold outside and you feel crappy.
*Not a suggested drink before work.
Yields: 1 + Servings