Hot Spiced Green Tea
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Add boiling water.
- Cover and steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Strain, discarding tea bags and spices.
- Stir honey into tea.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
33 calories: 1 cup, trace fat (0g saturated fat),0mg cholesterol, trace sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch