MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Happy 243rd Birthday, America! A delicious 5 minute dessert, this Fourth of July mug cake is the perfect summer treat! Keto, low-carb, Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free.
Fourth of July Mug Cake
For Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream canned, or heavy whipping cream (make sure to whip it first if using HWC!)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweetener
- 1/4 cup raspberries (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (1 oz)
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- For mug cake, add all ingredients together in a large mug (preferable with a large diameter base) and mix until there are no visible egg whites left.
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes, then allow mug cake to cool. Once cool, remove from mug by running a knife around the edges of the cake to free it. Gently remove by flipping over. Slice mug cake into three evenly-sized rounds.
- Mix coconut cream and sweetener together. If needed, refrigerate for a few minutes, to harden into a thicker cream, so it can be added on top of the cake without just dripping off.
- Place one layer of mug cake onto a plate. Spoon one tablespoon of cream on top. Layer blueberries. Place second layer of cake, spoon another tablespoon of cream on top. Layer raspberries. Place third layer of cake, spoon remaining cream and place remaining blueberries and raspberries on top. Split with a friend or enjoy by yourself!
Cook Time: 2 minutes
- If you’re using coconut milk, you’ll want the top part of the can (the cream part).
- Nutrition Facts (per serving, recipe makes 2 servings): 318 calories, 27 g fat, 18 g total carbs, 5 g fiber, 7 g from sugar alcohol, (6 g net carbs), 8 g protein
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings