MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: When it does rain, all the locals dig out their comfiest crew necks and make their favorite cocoa or chai tea – despite the fact that it’s still 80 degrees out. This recipe can also be adjusted for vegan preferences. I chose to use vanilla almond milk for my base, but you can choose whatever dairy/non dairy creamer of your liking.
Rainey Day Chai Tea Latte
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 bags of black tea or 1 heaping Tbs loose leaf black tea
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Sweetener of choice – i.e. cane sugar, maple syrup, agave syrup, vanilla creamer, honey, etc.
- 1 cup dairy or non-dairy milk – more to taste – I prefer almond milk in all of my latte type drinks
- coconut whipped cream for my vegan friends, or just regular whipped cream will do
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked in cool water over night or in hot water for an hour before preparing chai tea. This is an optional step, but I highly recommend it because it makes the latte creamier and richer.
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Add water, tea and spices to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add milk and preferred sweetener. Stir and allow to warm for 2-3 minutes off the heat.
- If you decided to add the cashews, pour both the tea mixture and cashews into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings/sweeteners to desired flavor.
- Pour from blender into 2 mugs. Top with whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon, and a cinnamon stick for the aesthetic.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings