Patriotic Drink (for Kids)
Why is Flag Day celebrated?
Flag Day honors a June 14, 1777, resolution from the Second Continental Congress, which called for an official United States flag. The resolution called for the flag to “be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation.”
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tips helps you celebrate Flag Day or any other patriotic holiday with this red, white, and blue Patriotic Drink even your children will enjoy.
- 3 ounces cranberry juice or 3 ounces fruit punch
- 3 ounces Gatorade sports drink (blue)
- 3 ounces sugar free 7-Up or 3 ounces Sprite
- ice cube, fill glass to the top with cubes
- Place the ice cubes in the bottom 3rd of a tall 12 ounce clear glass.
- Pour the cranberry juice or fruit punch in to fill the bottom 3rd.
- Place a few more cubes in to the middle and pour in the blue Gatorade to fill the glass 2/3 full.
- Place the final 3rd of ice in the glass. Pour in the diet 7up or diet Sprite.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 1 serving