MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This is the vanilla version to the chocolate mug cake! It’s just as easy to make and just as light and fluffy! Still has no eggs and fully customizable!
Vanilla Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug):
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.Sprinkle on top extra cocoa and brown sugar and carefully pour on hot water.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together milk, vanilla bean paste, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then pour the milk mixture into the center, followed by the melted butter.
- Whisk until no lumps remain and batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour into a 16-ounce microwave-safe mug.
- Microwave on high for 130 seconds or 2 minutes and 10 seconds.
- Carefully remove and enjoy!
- Please note that ALL microwaves are different therefore can yield different results and can overcook this mug cake if you aren’t careful. My microwave is 950 watts and I cooked mine on 100% power for 130 seconds. Knowing this information, it may help you better judge how long to cook yours for and at what power.
- Remember, 130 seconds is 2 minutes and 10 seconds. It is quite long if your microwave is a higher wattage than mine; therefore, could OVERCOOK your mug cake. To play it safe, if your microwave wattage is higher than mine, I would try 100 seconds first and then increment it by 10 seconds until it’s fully cooked through.
- Note about the vanilla bean paste: if you do not have vanilla bean paste on hand, that is ok. You just won’t have the vanilla bean specks in your cake. If you’re omitting the vanilla bean paste (ONLY if you’re omitting the vanilla bean paste), use 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract instead of 1/2 tbsp. I do highly suggest the vanilla bean paste, though, because it gives it a deeper vanilla fragrance and taste!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes 10 seconds
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving