MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: It’s like the crème brulee of lattes – with toasted marshmallows and chocolate.
Toasted Marshmallow Latte
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c mini marshmallows
- 1 dark roast K-cup (roughly about 3/4 c strong coffee)
- cashew milk (although, I’m sure any milk will work)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- marshmallow fluff
- chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine your sugar and water. Simmer until sugar is completely dissolved. Meanwhile, put the mini marshmallows on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them under the broiler until they become golden brown and toasted. Remove pan from under the broiler and carefully scrape the marshmallows into the saucepan, whisking until they are melted and combined.
- Brew coffee into a measuring cup that measures at least 2 cups of liquid – this should equal roughly 3/4 c coffee. Pour cashew milk (or milk of preference) over top of coffee until liquid reaches 2 cups. Add 1-2 oz. of toasted marshmallow syrup, depending on taste preference, and vanilla bean paste and whisk until combined. Microwave mixture for 1 minute.
- It’s optional at this point to melt chocolate chips, dip mugs in chocolate and then into graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour mixture into mugs and scoop out a spoonful of marshmallow fluff. Allow marshmallow fluff to melt for a minute or so, or until it spreads enough to cover all of the liquid. Finally, place the mugs under the broiler and allow the marshmallow fluff to toast creating a “crème brulee” topping.
- if you do not have a milk frother, add the milk, coconut and honey to a glass jar with a lid and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds, until the milk doubles in size. Remove the lid from the jar and place the jar in the microwave. Microwave for 30-40 seconds, until the milk is hot, but the jar is not too hot to pick up.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings