Tax Day Tea
Even though there was a three-day extension, that could mean you had a weekend filled with receipts, forms and numerically-induced headaches. Luckily, the end is in sight – and it is sweet! That’s right, I present you with the perfect reward for a long weekend of filing!
Ingredients for Tax Day Tea:
- ¾ oz. Bourbon (recommended brand: Bulleit or Bulleit Rye)
- ¾ oz. Lillet Rouge
- 1 ½ oz. Homemade Sweet Tea Vodka
- ½ oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Ingredients for Homemade Sweet Tea Vodka:
- 1 quart vodka (recommended: TRU)
- 1 1/2 cups simple syrup
- 1/4 cup NYC Breakfast, loose
Directions for Tax Day Tea:
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and and shake well, for at least 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass or your MogoBox.com tea mug and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Directions for Homemade Sweet Tea Vodka:
- Combine all ingredients in a sealed container and shake well to thoroughly mix.
- Allow to “steep” for 45 minutes, shaking occasionally. Strain.
- Best served chilled.
Note for Homemade Sweet Tea Vodka:
This is good by itself, but also mixes well. For example, a 1:1 ratio of tea-vodka to fresh-squeezed lemonade makes a mean Spiked Arnold (named after the golfer Arnold Palmer who created the non-alcoholic version).