MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: After a hard day of building flat-pack furniture (or, as I call it, playing with adult LEGOs), revive your sagging energy with this easy meatball-in-a-mug meal. Total Cost: $1.39
Swedish IKEA-Style Meatballs in a Mug
- 6 frozen mini meatballs: $1.07
- 1 tablespoon flour: 4 cents
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder: 6 cents
- ¼ teaspoon parsley flakes: 4 cents
- ¼ teaspoon beef bouillon granules: 4 cents
- Pinch of nutmeg: 2 cents
- Pinch of salt and pepper: 4 cents
- 4 tablespoons milk: 8 cents
- 2 tablespoons water
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug):
- Place the mini meatballs on microwave-safe plate and cover them with paper towel. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, bouillon, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in water until smooth. Gradually blend in the milk.
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add the meatballs, and mix well to coat.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Let it stand for 1 minute.
Total Cook Time: 5 to 8 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving