MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: A perfect warm weather beverage because it is so easy to make and everyone loves flavored lemonades during the warm weather.
- 1-1/2 cups simple syrup (1-1/2 cups granulated sugar + 1-1/2 cups water, bring to a boil then cool)
- 1-1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (8-10 medium lemons)
- 2 cups strawberry juice (3 cups sliced strawberries + 2 tablespoons sugar)
- sliced strawberries
- lemon slices
- fresh mint
- Begin this recipe a few hours ahead of time or the night before.
- Make the simple syrup and set aside to cool.
- Wash and slice the strawberries. Sprinkle with sugar and allow to soften and the sweetened strawberry juice to accumulate at least an hour. Over night is best.
- Pour the macerated strawberries into a blender and blend until smooth. Strain strawberry juice to remove most of the seeds. If using a high powered blender like a Blentec Blender you can skip straining.
- Mix the simple syrup, strawberry juice and lemon juice in a large pitcher and chill.
- To serve fill a 1/2 gallon pitcher half full with ice, add lemon slices and sliced strawberries.
- Pour the chilled strawberry lemonade into the pitcher with the ice until full.
- Fill a glass with ice, garnish with a lemon slice, a few slices of strawberry and a sprig of mint. Fill the glass with the strawberry lemonade to serve.
Yields: 1/2 gallon