Mango Iced Tea
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Making your own flavored iced tea recipe is easy once you learn how to make a fruit flavored simple syrup. Mango Iced Tea is a great way to cool off in the summer heat.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- 10 regular sized black or green tea bags
- 6 cups of water
- Lemon slice, optional
- Lime slice, optional
- Mint, optional
Instructions to make the Fruit Flavored Simple Syrup:
- Place the mango, sugar, and water into a saucepan.
- Heat on low until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Bring to a high simmer.
- Simmer about 10 minutes occasionally mashing the mango pieces with a potato masher. and remove from the heat.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperate.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids.
- Bottle and refrigerate for up to a week.
Instructions to make the Mango Iced Tea:
- Fill a saucepan with 6 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place ten regular size black or green tea bags into the boiling water.
- Boil 1 minute and remove the pot from the heat.
- Allow to steep and cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Fill a half-gallon pitcher with ice cubes.
- Pour the tea over the ice.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of mango syrup into the glass.
- Fill with freshly brewed tea and enjoy.
- Garnish with lemon or lime slices and a sprig of mint.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 Mugs with Attitude servings