MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Spiked Apple Cider Floats: simple, crazy delicious, and the perfect drink to enjoy this autumn, in cocktail form!
Spiked Apple Cider Floats
Ingredients for the Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
Ingredients for the Spiked Apple Cider Floats:
- 2 cups apple cider, chilled
- 1/4 cup cinnamon simple syrup
- 1/4 cup applejack or apple schnapps
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 5-6 scoops vanilla ice cream (you can use store-bought, or make your own!)
Instructions for Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- Combine the water, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan.
- Place over medium-high heat, and allow to cook until the sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. this should take about 2-3 minutes.
- As soon as the sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- When the simple syrup is cool, strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean container, cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Instructions for Spiked Apple Cider Floats:
- Place two mugs in the freezer about an hour before you’d like to serve the floats. everyone loves a frosty mug!
- Place 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream in each mug, depending on how much ice cream you like.
- In a small pitcher or cocktail shaker, combine the apple cider, cinnamon simple syrup, applejack and bourbon. shake to combine.
- Pour the apple cider over top the ice cream in the mugs.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick (totally optional!), and serve with a straw and a spoon. enjoy!
This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled…
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings