MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: “The US Marine Corps was founded in Philadelphia on Nov. 10, 1775 in a tavern during the American Revolutionary War. The name of the tavern was ‘Tun Tavern.’ There is an exact replica of Tun Tavern at the Marine Corps base in Quantico, Virginia. It was at Quantico in this Tun Tavern that the US Marine Corps Martini was born over 50 years ago. It has been made and served all over the world. Is it a killer martini? More on that later. It is sometimes referred to as the 5-4-3-2-1 Martini. To your health and good cheer! ‘Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.'”
US Marine Corps Martini
- 5 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers vodka
- 4 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers gin
- 3 cubes ice
- 2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers pale dry sherry
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces water
- Pour vodka, gin, ice cubes, sherry, and water into a glass container and freeze until mix is slushy, at least 3 hours. At the same time, freeze martini glasses.
- Pour martinis into glasses, straining out any remaining ice cubes.
Yields: MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings