MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: You will love this Pumpkin Pie in a Mug recipe! It’s cute, delicious, and nutritious! A fun project to try at home.
Pumpkin Pie in a Mug
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 14 grams gingersnaps (2 small cookies), crushed into 2 tablespoons of crumbs
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe mug that holds at least 10 ounces, and microwave on LOW until melted. Stir in the crushed gingersnaps and press mixture firmly into the bottom of the mug.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, milk or cream, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into the mug along with the gingersnap “crust.”
- Place the mug on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on FULL power for 2 to 5 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the mug pie comes out clean. The top may look slightly damp but it will set as it cools. (Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug. Start with 2 minutes and continue cooking in 30-second increments until it is done.)
- Use a hot pad or oven mitt to carefully remove the mug from the microwave. Let is stand for a couple of minutes to cool, then top with optional toppings such as whipped cream or crushed nuts before eating.
Doubling the recipe: You can double this recipe, but only cook one mug pie in the microwave at a time.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings