MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: In case you aren’t feeling chocolate and wanting a fruity pie flavor!
Salted Caramel Apple Spice Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients. Whisk everything together until combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. (You want enough space for the cake to rise without pouring over.)
- Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter in case your mug cake overflows.)
- Microwave mug cake for 1 minute and 50 seconds on high (PLEASE READ NOTES CAREFULLY BELOW.)
- Carefully remove from microwave , drizzle your homemade salted caramel sauce (or you can use store-bought caramel sauce) on top and enjoy!
Please note that all microwaves are different therefore you can yield different results and can overcook the mug cake if not careful. Knowing this information, it may help you better judge how long to cook for and at what power to cook it at. This batter is wetter and more moist than other mug cakes hence the longer cook time. If you still feel your batter is too wet after 1 minute and 50 seconds, feel free to cook it a little longer.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings