MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Looking for something warm, sweet, and satisfying to end your meal? “Instant” bread pudding goes from inspiration to “Ahhh…” in just 5 minutes.
Microwave Bread Pudding Mugs
- 1 cup cubed bread; fresh, or just slightly stale; about 1 1/2 to 2 slices bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, dried fruit, cinnamon, or the garnish of your choice
Instructions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Put the bread in a fairly shallow, single-serving, microwave-safe bowl or mug.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Pour over the bread in the bowl, stirring gently to combine.
- Stir in chips or dried fruit. And/or sprinkle with cinnamon, cinnamon-sugar, or nutmeg.
- Microwave for 1 minute, uncovered. Check and see if it’s still liquid. If it is, microwave in 30-second bursts, till pudding is cooked all the way to the center; the very center can still look a bit uncooked, but it shouldn’t be liquid.
- Remove from the microwave.
- If desired, drizzle with maple syrup or melted caramel or fudge sauce or… Serve warm; whipped cream or ice cream are always welcome.
Cook Time: 1-1½ minutes.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving