Frozen Ginger Lemon Drop
MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Whether looking for an elegant drink for a special occasion like a wedding or a refreshing drink to enjoy by the pool, the Frozen Ginger Lemon Drop will quench your thirst.
Ingredients for Frozen Ginger Lemon Drop:
- Lemon juice (about 1/4 cup), for coating glass rims
- Superfine sugar, for coating glass rims
- Frozen Ginger Lemonade
- 2 to 4 cups vodka
- Lemon zest curls, for garnish
Ingredients for Frozen Ginger Lemonade:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 to 4 large slices (3 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch thick) peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 8 lemons)
- Lemon rounds, for garnish
Directions for Frozen Ginger Lemon Drop:
- Dip rims of glasses in lemon juice and then in sugar.
- Pour 3/4 cup frozen ginger lemonade into each glass, and top with 1/4 to 1/2 cup vodka (to taste).
- Serve immediately garnished with a lemon curl.
Directions for Frozen Ginger Lemonade:
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in ginger. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Transfer ginger pieces to a blender with remaining 21/2 cups water, and blend until finely chopped. Strain, discarding solids. Pour ginger water into syrup, and stir in lemon juice. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan, and freeze overnight.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks, and transfer to a bowl. Whisk until slushy. Divide among glasses, and garnish with lemon rounds.