Red, White, and Blue Sangria
Love this recipe to celebrate the Birthday of the United States or for any patriotic holiday…
- 2 bottles dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc is good)
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (see tips below)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl or pitcher and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Serve well-chilled with a good scoop of fruit floating in each drink, or serve in a MogoBox.com mug over ice.
*To make 1/2 cup simple syrup, boil 1/2 cup water and add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar. Turn heat to simmer and stir until dissolved. Turn off the heat and let cool. Now it’s simple syrup!
*Use fresh fruit for this recipe. Frozen just won’t be great.
*To make star-shaped pineapple pieces, cut long & wide pieces of pineapple off the side of the fresh fruit. use a star cutter to cut shapes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 to 10 servings