MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: American-style hot chocolate alla Swiss Miss is always good, but Italian hot chocolate fills the void you didn’t even know existed! Italian hot chocolate is a much thicker, richer drink that is basically just a chocolate bar in liquid form. The definition of indulgence, this warm beverage will be the highlight of your day and you’ll be longing for more, long after you’ve finished the pot.
Extra-Thick Italian Hot Chocolate
- 4 oz. dark chocolate, shaved
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place shaved chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat and add 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir chocolate as it begins to melt.
- Slowly add remaining milk and continuing stirring until completely smooth.
- Add in sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and sea salt, and stir until everything is dissolved and combined.
- Once mixture boils, let it cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until thickened enough that it coats the back of your spoon.
- Pour into 2 mugs (top with whipped cream if desired) and serve immediately.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings