MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: In the mood for dessert? Right away! Just whip up this sweet & slightly tart lemon mug cake. The recipe takes only 2 minutes start to finish & voila – instant dessert!
Easy Microwave Lemon Mug Cake with Lemon Glaze
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon sugar (can reduce to 1T if you like a little less sweetness)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon oil (I used canola + coconut oil)
- 1 egg, either whole or divided where the egg yolk is added & the egg white is whipped, making the cake a little lighter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1–2 teaspoons lemon curd
- 2 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Instructions (make in your MogoBox 15 oz. Classic White Mug):
- In a very large mug, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and milk to make a simple buttermilk
- Stir in lemon juice-milk mixture, oil, egg or just egg yolk if divided the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add lemon zest & lemon curd & stir well.
- Fold in beaten egg white, if divided the egg, otherwise go to next step.
- Bake in microwave, on high, for 90 seconds.
- While cake is baking, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice for glaze.
- Take cake out of oven and drizzle with glaze.
- Gobble it up yourself or share it with someone you love.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving