MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: This easy Keto Microwaveable Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug is easy, delicious, and perfect for keeping you on a keto diet without feeling cheated!
Easy Keto Microwaveable Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
- 3 tbsp pb2 peanut butter powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp truvia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Add ingredients to mug.
- Stir well, making sure batter is mixed well.
- If batter is very thick, add 1/2 tsp water to thin. Batter should be similar to pancake batter.
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until risen and puffy like a souffle. OR
- Bake for 10 minutes – until cookie has risen and is slightly browned on top.
- When baking (or microwaving) with baking soda and a fattier flour like coconut or almond flour, you NEED to counteract the neutral base with an acid – or it will taste like ammonia! For every tablespoon of baking soda you use, add a tablespoon of lemon juice (my first choice for its light and neutral flavor), vinegar, or apple cider vinegar. This step is ESSENTIAL – after testing this recipe a couple times without the acid, I can tell you, it is NOT optional. I couldn’t even swallow one bite without it – it tasted like pure ammonia. A little lemon juice, however, and it was divine!
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving