MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Need a dessert to celebrate those special occasions, but are sick of the same birthday cakes, ice cream, and donuts? Let me introduce you to the latest trend in delicious desserts- meet the freakshake! Freakshakes are all the rage these days, and one look at one of these decadent desserts should tell you why! A freakshake is a milkshake that is creatively topped with whip cream, candy, chocolate, lollipops, ice cream cones, donuts, and any other sweet treat you can dream up.The more over the top the better!
- White Chocolate
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Cotton Candy
- Rock Candy Sticks
- Yellow Suckers
- Kit Kat
- Prep the glass: A decorated glass to hold your freakshake is a must. You can drip melted chocolate, caramel, or any sticky sauce that you choose down the top edges of the cup. I used melted white chocolate.
- Next, add sprinkles or other colorful treats to the sticky chocolate or sauce. Since my freakshake was circus/Dumbo themed, I added colorful sprinkles, star sprinkles, then pieces of popcorn.
- Place your freakshake glass in the fridge to harden for a few minutes.
- Shake it up: Add a few tablespoons of milk to a few cups of ice cream and mix by hand, in a blender, or with an immersion blender. Use less milk for a thicker shake, more milk for a thinner shake.
- I like making a thicker shake because it helps hold up all the fun toppings I like to add! Pour the shake into your decorated glass.
- Go over the top with the toppings: Get creative and start adding all sorts of toppings to the top of your freakshake. Anything goes!
- When I think of the circus, I think of bright colors, cotton candy, popcorn, and peanuts. I topped my freakshake with whip cream and sprinkles, then added a large colorful sucker to the back of the shake as the base.
- My sucker stick wasn’t long enough to stay up on its’ own, so I stuck it inside a long thick plastic straw I had to give it more height and to make it stable. It worked perfectly!
- Pink cotton candy, gumballs and sour candy belts threaded on a skewer stick, rock candy sticks, yellow suckers, and a white chocolate Kit Kat were all added to make this colorful Dumbo freakshake fun and over the top.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving