Caribbean Cocoa Tea
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup grated Caribbean cocoa stick (or equal amount of ground and roasted cacao nibs)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In a small saucepan, bring the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and 2 cups water to a boil, reduce the heat to maintain a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the grated cocoa, cook for 10 more minutes, then stir in the milk and sugar.
- Stir in the cornstarch slurry and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the cocoa from the heat, stir in the vanilla, then pour through a fine sieve, and discard the solids.
- Serve the cocoa in warm mugs.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 2 servings