MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Butterbeer (yes! from the magical world of Harry Potter!) is meant to taste “a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch.” This version is nonalcoholic, so kids can have it too, but for an adult Butterbeer see below!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Make the butterscotch syrup: melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, 1/4 cup cream, and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and cider and heat until very hot, and the butterscotch syrup has dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in ginger ale. Serve with loads of whipped cream on top in your favorite Harry Potter Morph Mug.
- For an adult butterbeer you can replace the cider with Woodchuck hard apple cider and add a few glugs of spiced rum for good measure!
Yields: 6 – 8 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings