MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Every island in the Caribbean has its own “special” drink, and here in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, it is the “Bushwacker.” Every bartender on island knows how to make them, and there are some variations, but this is the standard recipe. Tastes just like a chocolate milkshake…but be careful! It ain’t no milkshake!
- 1/2 ounce rum (Cruzan is the best, but use whatever brand you have)
- 1/2 ounce vodka (any brand)
- 1/2 ounce Baileys Irish Cream (or a similar off-brand name)
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua (or a coffee flavored off-brand name)
- 1/2 ounce amaretto liqueur (any brand)
- 1/2 ounce Chococo chocolate-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Frangelico (I recommend it) (optional)
- 1/2 ounce creme de coconut (a MUST – “Coco Lopez” is best)
- 1 cup crushed ice (more or less to make the proper consistency)
- 3 dashes of grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Put everything, except nutmeg, whipped cream and cherries in a blender and use enough ice that when blended will be the consistency of a milkshake.
- Blend, pour into glasses, and top with whipped cream, a cherry, and a couple dashes of grated nutmeg.
- Use caution! They taste like there is no alcohol in them and most people have a tendency to get”bushwacked!”
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving