MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: When you’re craving a little something sweet and chocolatey, a mug cake provides near-instant gratification. While these little cakes are simple to make, every ingredient counts, so be sure to use high-quality cocoa powder, butter and add-ins.
Basic Chocolate Mug Cake
- Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2½ tsp sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla whole milk yogurt
- 1 Tbsp 2% milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- Powder sugar, optional
- Raspberries, optional
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Spray 6-oz mug with cooking spray and set aside.
- In small bowl, thoroughly combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
- In another small bowl, whisk together melted butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine. Spoon mixture into mug.
- Microwave 35 seconds. If cake doesn’t look set, cook another 10 seconds. Allow cake to sit 1 minute after removing from microwave.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with raspberry, optional.
Cook Time: less than a 1 minute
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving