MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Very exciting news: June 7 is National Donut Day. Yes, a whole day devoted to that sweet, fluffy, circular dough we know and love. To celebrate, we’re combining a kids’ favorite treat into one glorious indulgence — the Donut Mug Cake. Made in just five minutes!
5-Minute Donut Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop red or pink food coloring
- rainbow sprinkles
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Spray a standard-sized coffee mug with nonstick baking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, egg, and milk. Spoon into the prepared coffee mug.
- Microwave the cake for 60 seconds on high, then remove and press the silicone wine stopper into the center of the mug. Microwave 60-90 seconds more, or as long as needed to set the cake — the center of the donut ring should spring back when touched lightly. Once done, remove the silicone wine stopper.
- To make the frosting, mix together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and food coloring. Add more milk, if needed, to make the texture of the frosting slightly thicker than maple syrup. Then spread the icing on top of the warm donut cake. Top with sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Cook Time: 60 – 90 seconds
- We frosted our donuts with classic pink frosting, but any icing will do. Chocolate, marshmallow fluff, or even a slather of Nutella will work.
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving