MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: The toffee flavor actually comes from dates in the cake (aka Sticky Date Pudding). It’s moist and decadent and a real treat for those days when you just deserve to treat yourself, you know the ones.
Microwave Sticky Toffee Pudding In a Mug
- 10 small dates , roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water
- ⅛ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ tablespoons (¾ oz/ 22g) butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons self – raising flour*
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 tablespoons walnuts , roughly chopped (optional)
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- In a microwavable mug, place the chopped dates, baking soda and water.
- Place in microwave for 50 seconds until the dates are softened.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in the sugar, flour and egg to the mug until combined. Add in walnuts now if you like them.
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute- 1 minutes 15 seconds. When it is firm to the touch on top it is done. (This timing is based on my 1200W microwave so yours might vary)
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the sticky toffee cake and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
- ⅛ of a tsp can be measured easily by 1/2 a ¼ teaspoon
- Self raising: make your own self raising flour by mixing 1 cup (8oz/225g) all purpose flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder. sift together and use.
- WW SmartPoints: 28
- WW PointsPlus: 16
Yields: 1 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® serving