MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Y’all I am a southern girl and I love some sweet tea. The health benefits of green tea cannot be ignored though. So why not combine them both into one lovely drink that you can enjoy all year round?
Sweet Green Tea
- 9 regular size green tea bags (I use the store brand) (Note: use about 1/2 if you buy the family size bags)
- Water to fill a gallon pitcher
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- Ice to serve
- Boil a little water in a small saucepan and add green tea bags. Boil for about 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit 5 – 10 minutes.
- While steeping, add sugar to gallon pitcher and add a little water.
- Stir vigorously for several minutes to allow the sugar to start dissolving.
- Add tea from saucepan into the pitcher and again stir vigorously.
- Fill the saucepan again with water while the tea bags are still in the pan.
- Put that water into your pitcher and squeeze any excess from your tea bags with the back of your spoon.
- Stir vigorously while adding water to fill the gallon size pitcher.
- Serve with ice and ENJOY!
Yields: MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings