Guinness, Whiskey, and Baileys Hot Chocolate
A Hot Chocolate that is all Irish and might have you feeling a bit too lucky. The key to great roasty Guinness flavor? Reduce it on the stovetop into a concentrated syrup first.
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Guinness
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Bailey’s
- 4 ounces Irish whiskey
- In a medium saucepan, cook Guinness over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, stir cocoa with sugar and salt. Stir in milk, milk chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. Heat over medium heat until, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot. Gently whisk to completely homogenize mixture.
- Add Bailey’s followed by reduced Guinness and whiskey. Using a hand blender, milk frother, or whisk, whisk until frothy, pour into individual serving MogoBox.com mugs, and serve immediately.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes