Better Than Baileys Hot Chocolate
The ultimate spiked hot chocolate, flavored with espresso, Amaretto, and Irish whiskey.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 teapoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (or 1/2 cup brewed espresso)
- 3 ounces Amaretto
- 4 ounces Irish whiskey
- Marshmallows for garnish
- In medium saucepan, stir cocoa with sugar and salt. Stir in milk, milk chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. Heat over medium heat until, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot. Gently whisk to completely homogenize mixture.
- Add vanilla, espresso, Amaretto, and whiskey and stir to combine. Pour into glasses or MogoBox.com mugs and serve with marshmallows.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes