MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: A dreamy, whimsical and magical Halloween Cocktail made with Blackberry Shimmery liqueur! Are you brave enough to drink The Witch’s Heart?
Ingredients for Witch’s Heart:
- 1 jigger apple brandy or apple vodka chilled
- 1 tsp grenadine
- 2 jiggers (or to top up) Homemade Blackberry Shimmery Liqueur, chilled
- Powdered dry ice optional
- Martini glass to serve
Ingredients for Blackberry Shimmery Liqueur:
- 1 cup of flavoured vodka or a combination of flavoured vodkas
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of simple syrupadd more or less, according to your preference
- A little less than 1/4 tsp of petal luster dust in your favourite colour
Instructions for Witch’s Heart:
- Add about 1/2 – 1 tsp of powdered dry ice to the bottom of the glass (optional).
- Place the apple brandy and purple shimmery liqueur in a shaker. Add 1 ice cube and shake for a few seconds to chill the drink. Strain the drink into a martini glass. Top up with more purple shimmery liqueur if necessary.
- Pour 1 tsp of grenadine syrup, about an inch from the surface of the drink – the grenadine should sink to the bottom, creating a “bleeding” effect.
- Add about 1/2 tsp of powdered dry ice on top and serve with a stirrer, so that your guests can stir the “potion” to create that shimmery, smoky effect.
Instructions for Blackberry Shimmery Liqueur:
- Mix the vodka and simple syrup until well combined.
- Stir in the petal luster dust.
- Swirl the liqueur just before use, as the luster dust will settle to the bottom after a while.
- Chill until needed.
- Try not to use too much shimmery luster dust. Some luster dust is marked as edible, and some are marked as non toxic.
- Try not to use more than 1/4 tsp per cup of liqueur or spirit (vodka, tequila or gin). Just enough to give it a shimmer and light swirls. If needed, you might add just a pinch more to a drink after you’ve made it.
- Adding a teaspoon or more of the luster dust PER DRINK is not advised, so only add just enough to create swirls in a CLEAR cocktail (which will show the best results).
Yields: 1 – 1/2 cup MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude serving