MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: If you are planning to serve up some vegan mug cakes at your next dinner party, check out this recipe for an impressive carrot cake in a mug to serve to your guests.
Vegan Carrot Cake In A Mug
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 can of coconut milk chilled in the fridge for 2 hours
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
Directions (make in your MogoBox Mug):
- Grab 2 bowls.
- In one bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In the other bowl combine all of the wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Make a little well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ones. Mix just until combined (don’t over mix or it’ll be a tough cake).
- Divide the mix in half and pour each half into a mug.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Test them by inserting a skewer into the cake – it should come out clean.
- Let cakes cool down to room temp.
- Open the can of chilled coconut milk, scoop out the solids on the top (avoid getting any of the liquid) and place solids in a bowl with the maple syrup and whisk until combined.
- Scoop some of the coconut cream on top of the carrot cake and enjoy!
Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Make sure the mugs you use have a flat/straight edges so the cake rises properly. If you use a curved mug (the ones that dip at the end) the cake will turn out quite heavy and dense.
Yields: 2 MogoBox.com Mugs with Attitude® servings