Sweet Potato Dreams
- 1 8-ounce can diced sweet potatoesin light syrup
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 egg
- ½ ounce maple syrup, preferably grade B
- Whipped cream, slightly sweetened
- 1 cinnamon stick, or pinch ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Empty the can of sweet potatoes, including syrup, into a blender. Purée.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 heaping teaspoons of the purée with the rum, egg and maple syrup.
- Shake vigorously without ice.
- Half-fill shaker with ice and shake again.
- Strain mixture into a cocktail glass or coupe.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Grate cinnamon stick over the top, or dust with ground cinnamon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 1 serving