Key Lime Pie Green Smoothie
Vegan, gluten and nut-free key lime green smoothie that’s under 300 calories. Tastes just like pie! And it’s green! Perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day (Shenanigans) Morph Mug
Ingredients for Key Lime Pie Green Smoothie:
- 2 tablespoon key lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 drops liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon ground xylitol or 1 pitted medjool date
- 1 tablespoon sunflower butter
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 minute vanilla whipped topping (optional)
- gluten-free graham cracker pieces (optional)
Ingredients for Whipped Topping
- 2 tablespoon egg whites
- 1 drop vanilla stevia liquid concentrate – see note under Directions for Whipped Topping
Ingredients for Vegan Whipped Cream
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon palm/coconut sugar, ground in coffee grinder
- 1 chilled glass bowl
Directions for Key Lime Pie Green Smoothie:
- Add all ingredients in the jug of your high-powered blender in the order they are listed.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a MogoBox.com mug.
- Add whipped topping and crushed graham crackers, if desired.
Note: If whipped topping is used, recipe is no longer vegan. To maintain vegan-ness, try using vegan whipped cream instead.
Directions for Whipped Topping:
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whip with hand blender or whisk for 1 minute.
Note: If you don’t have stevia, or don’t like the taste, you could also use 1/4 teaspoon liquid sweetener like honey or maple syrup with 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
Directions for Vegan Whipped Cream:
- Pierce the bottom of the chilled can of coconut milk to drain out the liquid portion of milk.
- Then, open the top of the can and drop the solid milk and vanilla extract into the chilled glass bowl.
- Beat with hand mixer for 15 seconds before adding powdered coconut sugar and blending for another 15 seconds.
- Place back in fridge until ready to use.
Recipe type: Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Nut-free, Egg-free
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Yields: 500mL, 1 serving