MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: A cool refreshing healthy and of course, green, St. Patrick’s Day drink.
- 1/2 cup large fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 3 pounds honeydew melons, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Superfine granulated sugar (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Carbonated water (optional)
- Honeydew melon spears or balls (optional)
- In a large pitcher, combine basil leaves, lime juice, and granulated sugar. Using a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon, mash ingredients together well, making sure most of the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Place about one-fourth of the melon cubes in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Press puree through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids. Repeat with the remaining melon cubes, one-fourth at a time (you should have 4 cups total juice). Add melon juice to the pitcher.
- f desired, rub a lime wedge around rims of eight glasses and dip rims in superfine sugar. Fill glasses with ice. Pour juice mixture into ice-filled glasses. If desired, add a splash of carbonated water to each glass. If desired, add melon spears or balls to each glass. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- 69 kcal, 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat, 0 g polyunsaturated fat, 0 g monounsaturated fat ), 0 mg chol., 31 mg sodium, 18 g carb., 1 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 1 g pro.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 8 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings