This fragrant, slightly tangy hibiscus tea features a symphony of flavors, with bright citrus notes and the sweet warmth of honey and cinnamon. Make a double batch for your next summer gathering, and enjoy this refreshing taste of the Caribbean.
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups dried hibiscus flowers***
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup honey
- 14 cups boiling water
- Using a vegetable peeler, thinly peel two oranges, being careful not to remove the bitter white pith. Squeeze and set aside juice from oranges.
- In a very large bowl combine peel, 2 cups dried hibiscus flowers,*** 4 cinnamon sticks, and 3/4 cup honey.
- Stir in 14 cups boiling water.
- Cool to room temperature (about 2 hours).
- Strain into a very large pitcher.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Serve at once in your MogoBox.com mug over ice or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- This bright red-purple tea will go fast in the summer sun, so make two pitchers when serving a crowd.
- ***Find hibiscus flowers in the Mexican or Caribbean section of Latin markets or health food stores.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cool Time: 2 hours
Chill Time: up to 24 hours
Yields: 12 (8-oz.) servings