MogoBlog MogoLicious Tasty Tip of the Day: Fragrant with warm holiday spices, this pale ale-based brew is a great way to greet a festive group.
“Ale” ments Punch
- 8 apples
- 5 cardamom pods
- 2 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 2 qt. pale ale
- 2 c. honey
- 10 oz. dark rum
- Peel, core, and quarter apples.
- Tie up cardamom, cinnamon, and star anise in a piece of cheese cloth.
- Place apples and wrapped spices in a large pot and add pale ale and honey.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes; remove from heat.
- To serve, pour 1 ounce dark rum into a mug, then top with ale mixture.
Yields: 10 – 12 MogoBox.com Mug with Attitude servings