White Spiced Coffee
A tablespoon or two of dark rum completes this creamy coffee-and-spice beverage.
- 3 c. whole milk
- 1 c. whole organic coffee beans
- 1½ stick cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole green cardamom pods
- ¼ c. honey
- 2 tbsp. dark rum, such as Mount Gay
- Place the milk and crushed coffee beans in a saucepan. Heat the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, about 7 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat and let the beans steep in the milk for 15 minutes.
- Strain the coffee mixture and transfer to the jar of a blender. Discard the crushed coffee beans. Add the cinnamon sticks, cardamom, and honey to the steeped milk and blend on high speed until the spices are coarsely ground, about 30 seconds.
- Strain the liquid back into the saucepan and discard the ground spices. Rewarm the spiced coffee over medium-high heat until the liquid is hot and steaming. Add rum, if desired.
- Pour into warmed MogoBox.com coffee mugs, and serve hot.
Prep Time: 40 minutes